URGENT ACTION NEEDED!
We need to turn out a big crowd on Tuesday, January 27 at two meetings scheduled to vote on the zoning code: 9:00 am & 6:30 pm!
Manual Maloof Auditorium
1300 Commerce Drive
Decatur, GA 30030
The county has scheduled the vote despite:
- NOT having adequately answered the most important issues of appeal and standing
- NOT delivering a digitized map to the community task force working diligently with the county
- NOT giving Commissioner Nancy Jester, who is new to the board, adequate time for to digest the 500+ page document and community concerns
- NOT giving adequate time for the community task force on the zoning code update to study and request final tweaks
We know the county is tired of wrestling with these important issues, but we strongly believe that the issues of appeal and standing for neighborhoods and communities need more consideration.
Please call the county commissioners MONDAY MORNING and ask for a deferral until the standing and appeal sections is strengthened:
- Nancy Jester, email@example.com, 404-371-2844
- Jeff Rader, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-371-2863
- Larry Johnson, email@example.com, 404-371-2425
- Sharon Barnes Sutton, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-371-4907
- Lee May, email@example.com, 404-371-4745
- Kathie Gannon, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-371-4909
- Stan Watson, email@example.com, 404-371-3681
We look forward to seeing you and your neighbors on Tuesday!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Good Growth DeKalb Monthly Meeting
Tuesday, February 10 @ 7:00 p.m.
North Decatur Presbyterian Church
611 Medlock Road, Decatur, GA 30033
Come hear the latest on the zoning code and other efforts happening in our county!
MAP COMBINES ANNEXATION AND CITYHOOD PROPOSALS
DO YOU THINK DEKALB COUNTY IS IN NEED OF REFORM?
Blueprint DeKalb is a citizens group seeking to reform DeKalb government, in particular regarding ethics, operations, elections, government structure and infrastructure funding. You can get involved:
WE’RE ALMOST THERE!
For more than two years, Good Growth DeKalb worked diligently to fend off the Walmart at Suburban Plaza.
While we were ultimately unsuccessful in our efforts, we have made a substantial difference for our community, none more important than letting our collective voice be heard!