SPECIAL LEGISLATIVE FORUM ON OCTOBER 14
Good Growth DeKalb’s forum next week is your chance hear leaders from across our community discuss some of the most important issues on the November 3 ballot.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Scott Drake
- Kathie Gannon
- Garret Goebel
- Howard Mosby
- Elena Parent
We’ve also invited all of the county commissioners, Michele Henson, Scott Holcolm, Pat Killingsworth, and others.
Don’t miss this opportunity to find out more about:
- Changes to allow for annexation and the creation of new cities in DeKalb and elsewhere (SR507)
- A change in the county’s board of ethics (HB597)
- A $73 million school bond for City of Decatur
SPECIAL LEGISLATIVE FORUM on Wednesday, October 14 at 7:00 p.m. at North Decatur Presbyterian Church, 611 Medlock Road, Decatur, GA 30033
GOOD GROWTH DEKALB MONTHLY MEETING
Tuesday, November 10 @ 7:00 p.m.
North Decatur Presbyterian Church
611 Medlock Road, Decatur, GA 30033
Come hear what happened at the pools, the latest on the zoning code, and other things going on with county and community!
CONTACT YOUR STATE LEGISLATORS TODAY
DeKalb County government is in dire need of a mechanism to regain citizen trust. Corruption and misdeeds are epidemic. From the indictment of our CEO and conviction of our school board head to the federal conviction of a commissioner, the list of DeKalb government officials under scrutiny for impropriety goes on.
When will it stop?
HB597 requires voters to approve the question “Shall the Act be approved which revises the Board of Ethics for DeKalb County?” on election day, November 2015.
More information can be found on the Blueprint DeKalb website. Visit it now!
THANK YOU! ZONING CODE VOTE DELAYED AGAIN
The vote on DeKalb County’s new zoning code has been postponed. Thank you to everyone who has written the county commissioners and attended the meetings!
We strongly believe that the issues of appeal and standing for neighborhoods and communities need to be strengthened. Please call on your commissioners to today to ask them to continue to work with the task force to make this code better serve residents:
- Nancy Jester, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-371-2844
- Jeff Rader, email@example.com, 404-371-2863
- Larry Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-371-2425
- Sharon Barnes Sutton, email@example.com, 404-371-4907
- Lee May, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-371-4745
- Kathie Gannon, email@example.com, 404-371-4909
- Stan Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-371-3681
And let us know if you or your neighborhood association would like to be involved as we move into these final weeks. Thank you again!
HELP STAMP OUT THE DEBT!
While we were ultimately unsuccessful in our efforts, we have made a substantial difference for our community, none more important than letting our collective voice be heard!